ABOUT JOSEPH DRIESSEN
- Joseph is a leading International Educator specialising in Boys’ Education and is based in New Zealand.
- Frequent Speaker at National and International Teacher Conferences about Boys’ Education.
- Conducts Teacher Seminars, School based Professional Development Seminars and Parent Evenings about Boys’ Education in New Zealand, Ireland, Australia, the United Kingdom, the USA, and Germany.
- Conducts Teacher Professional Development Seminars and In-School training on Student Behaviour Management and Teaching Excellence.
- Conducts Professional Development Seminars and In-Centre training on Early Childhood Development and Leadership & Management Excellence for Early Childhood Education centres.
- Has a proven record of accomplished and innovative Senior Management.
- Has a proven record of successful school based Action Research into Boys’ Education.
- Completed his Masters of Educational Administration with a major research project into boys’ educational achievement.
- Joseph is regarded as an excellent public speaker who is Past President of his Toastmasters Club.
Sample of Speaking Engagements
- Riding for the Disabled, New Zealand
- REAP (Rural Education Activities Programme), New Zealand
- English Teachers' Association, New Zealand
- Junior Certificate School Program, Dublin Ireland
- New Zealand Symposium for Gifted and Talented for Cognition, New Zealand
- Northland Secondary Schools Principals Association, New Zealand
- National Curriculum Development Unit, Ireland
- Gifted and Talented Symposium, New Zealand
- International Boys' Schools Coalition, Australia
- Institute Of Policy Studies, New Zealand
- Waikato Principals Association, New Zealand
- Royal Society,Christchurch, New Zealand
- Munich University, Munich, Germany
- Teacher Graduates, Bendigo, Australia
- NASSPD Conference, Chicago, USA
- West Education Centre, Dublin,Ireland
- Sunbury Cluster, Melbourne, Australia
- Principals Conference, Northland, New Zealand
- Teacher Conference, Cork , Ireland
- Former Assistant Principal of Wanganui High School, a large and successful co-educational secondary school in Wanganui, New Zealand.
- Former Deputy Principal of the private girls' school, Sacred Heart College, Wanganui.
- Recipient of the 1998 Davies Trust Educational Research Grant, for Research into Boys’ Education.
- Awarded a Research Grant by the New Zealand Ministry of Education to conduct a major research project concerning the improvement of Boys’ Educational outcomes.
- Implemented the Wanganui High School Learning Project, an exploratory research project focusing on Boys’ Educational achievement, consisting of sixteen different trials and involving twenty-five staff.
Further Speaking Engagement Samples
- Keynote Speaker at St Kentigern College NZ 2013
- Teacher Professional Development Day at Taikura Rudolf Steiner School NZ 2013
- Parent Evening at Palmerston North Montessori PreSchool NZ 2013
- Keynote Speaker New Zealand English Teachers' Association NZ 2013
- Teacher Professional Development Day at Cambridge High School
- Tutor's Course Presenter for Whakatane REAP (Rural Education Activities Programme) NZ 2013
- Fathers' Evening for Whakatane REAP NZ 2013
- Professional Trainer for NZ Riding for the Disabled National One Day Training Event NZ 2013
- Leadership Programme Presented for Karamu College NZ 2013
- Author of parenting articles for the Family Times newspaper NZ 2013
- Regularly interviewed by Radio New Zealand National Programme on parenting issues NZ 2013
- Teacher Professional Development day at Longburn Adventist College NZ 2012
- Teacher Professional Development day at Rainbows Preschool NZ 2012
- Teacher Professional Development day at Paeroa Kindergarten NZ 2012
- Leadership Development Day for William Colenso College Cluster, Hawkes Bay NZ 2012
- Parent Evening at Kenakena School, NZ 2012
- Teacher Professional Development day at Trinity College, Perth Australia 2012
- Teacher Professional Development day at Aquinas College, Perth Australia 2012
- Boys' Education Workshop & Parent Evening presenter in Cork, Dublin, Drumcondra - Ireland 2012
- Featured on TVNZ 'Good Morning' and various radio interviews for National Radio, NZ 2012
- Keynote speaker at Institute for Governance and Policy Studies Workshop NZ 2011
- Keynote speaker at the New Zealand Symposium for Gifted and Talented (for Cognition New Zealand) NZ 2011
- Presentation of Literacy Programme for Junior Certificate School Program, Dublin Ireland 2011
- Teacher Professional Development & Parent Evenings for Cork Education Centre, Ireland 2011
- Teacher Professional Development for Belgrove Boys' Schools, Ireland 2011
- Teacher Professional Development for Drumcondra Education Centre Network, Ireland 2011
- Teacher Professional Development for Hamilton North School (Special Needs School) NZ 2010
- Teacher Professional Development for Sacred Heart College, Tasmania Australia 2010
- Teacher Professional Development for Holy Spirit College, NSW Australia 2010
- Keynote speaker for Northland Secondary Schools Principals Association, NZ 2010
- Keynote speaker for Education Seminar, Vancouver Canada 2010
- Boys' Education Workshop presenter in Glasgow, Cork, Dublin and Belfast, Ireland 2010
- Teacher Professional Development for Castleknock College, Ireland 2010
- Teacher Professional Development for Slemish College, Ireland 2010
- Teacher Professional Development for Kingspark School, Scotland 2010
- Parent Evening Presenter for Ballyclare Leisure Centre, Northern Ireland 2010
- Speaker at the annual conference of International Coalition of Boys' Schools Hastings NZ 2009
- Boys' Education Workshop presenter in Manchester, Belfast and Glasgow UK 2008 & 2009
- Keynote Speaker Royal Society of New Zealand Education Conference Wellington NZ 2008
- Keynote Speaker at Teacher College Graduates Conference Bendigo Australia 2008
- Teacher Professional Development Day for Durham School Cluster Durham UK 2008
- Teacher Professional Development Day at Hutt International School for Boys NZ 2008
- Guest Lecturer at the Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich Germany 2008
- Keynote Speaker at the conference of International Coalition of Boys' Schools Melbourne Au 2007
- Workshop Presenter at the National Association for Single Sex Education Chicago USA 2007
- Featured on TVNZ 'Good Morning', 'Breakfast Show' and 'Assignment', as well as Canterbury and Otago Regional Television
- Workshop Presenter at the Knox Education Cluster, Dandenong Cluster, Rochester Cluster, Waranga Cluster, Bendigo Cluster, Sunbury ClusterVictoria Australia 2004-2008
- Seminar Presenter '7 Ways to Improve Boys' Education in Your School' and 'Parenting Boys for Success at School' in New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, United Kingdom2004-2011
- Workshop Presenter in Dublin, Mayo, Donegal, Cork and Navan Education Centres Ireland 2004-2011
- Keynote Speaker and Workshop Presenter at the Northland Principals' Conference, Manawatu Principals' Conference and Hawkes Bay Principal's Conference New Zealand 2004-2008
- Workshop Presenter to the Rangiora Senior Management Group New Zealand 2006
- Workshop Presenter to Ministry of Education 'Parents as First Teachers' New Zealand 2006
- Keynote Speaker at the National Boys' Education Conference, Massey University New Zealand 2006
- Conference Speaker at the Australian Boys' Education Conference Melbourne AU 2005
- Guest Speaker at the UNITEC College of Education Auckland NZ 2005
- Contracted by Massey University, to conduct Teacher Professional Development on Boys’ Education.
- Delivered a series of Seminars “Fathers Supporting Their Children At School”.
- Key note Speaker and Workshop Presenter at the NZEI Association of Assistant and Deputy Principals’ Boys’ Education Conference, Taupo, on Boys’ Education.
- Key note Speaker at the Te Kuiti Rural Women Institute, on Boys’ Education.
- Workshop Presenter at the National Association of Secondary Deputy and Assistant Principals’ Conference in Christchurch.
- Speaker at the New Zealand Royal Society Symposium for Middle Managers, Wellington, on Boys’ Education.
- Plenary address to the New Zealand Educational Institute Taranaki Conference of Assistant and Deputy Principals, on Boys’ Education.
- Invited by the University of Waikato to deliver the Teacher Seminar on Boys’ education.
- Workshop Presenter at the National Boys’ Education Conference, Massey University.
- Presenter at the Christchurch City Council Parenting Week.
- Workshop Presenter at the NZEI Association of Assistant and Deputy Principals’ Boys’ Education Conference, Palmerston North, on Boys’ Education.
- Workshop Presenter at the Wellington Men's Conference, 2005
- Workshop Presenter at the National Association of Assistant and Deputy Principals , Rotorua, 2005
- Keynote Speaker, Hawke's Bay Principal's Association, Waipawa Town Hall, 2005
- Keynote Speaker, Manawatu Principal's Association , Palmerston North, 2005
- Organised the Wanganui Regional Conference “Educating Boys“ which was attended by over 120 Education Professionals. Guest Speakers included Rollo Brown (Australia), Rex McCann and Warwick Pudney (NZ)
- Delivered Professional Development workshops in 2000, to the Wanganui Education Review Office on issues related to Boys’ Education.
Contact Joseph Driessen
Phone: (+64) 06 353 8454
Mobile: (+64) 027 206 2929
P O Box 8021
Palmerston North 4446